Retail price: NZ$37.90
Quantity : 60 vege capsules
• Jiaogulan (Gynostemma pentaphyllum), is a climbing vine that grows wild in China, as well as many other countries throughout Asia. In China, it has been used for many years as a medicinal and energizing tea in the local regions where it grows.
• Modern herbalists classify jiaogulan as an adaptogen, which is a herb reputed to help the body to maintain optimal homeostasis and to adapt under stressful conditions. Aaptogenic effects include regulating blood pressure, cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels and improving stamina and endurance.
• Jiaogulan is sometimes called "Southern Ginseng", since it grows in south central China and because of its similarity to ginseng in chemical composition and function. It is also praised as Xiancao, "Immortality" Herb, because it grows wild and has many health-giving qualities and anti-aging effects.
• It is related to watermelon and pumpkin and has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It is a not only a powerful adaptogen, but also an antioxidant and rejuvenator.
• Jiaogulan contains a large quantity of health-giving saponins, known also as gypenosides. The structure of gypenosides is very similar to the panaxosides (also known as ginsenosides) found in ginseng.
• There are four times as many saponins in jiaogulan as there is in ginseng. Some of those saponins are identical to the panaxosides in ginseng and some of them turn into panaxosides when taken into the body. This results in a greater number of saponins than ginseng, which may translate into a more powerful regulatory effect on a number of bodily systems like the reproductive system, the digestive system, the immune system, mental functions and more.
• 82 saponins (gypenosides) were identified in jiaogulan, compared to the 28 (ginsenosides) found in Panax ginseng. It is described by the local inhabitants as the herb of immortality because people within Guizhou Province, where jiaogulan herbal teas are consumed regularly, are said to have a history of unusual longevity.
• Scientific research studies have shown that jiaogulan decreases cholesterol by improving the liver's ability to send sugar and carbohydrates to the muscles for conversion to energy instead of turning the sugar into triglycerides which the body stores as fat. It lowers LDL's (bad cholesterol) while raising HDL's (good cholesterol). It improves fat metabolism, reduces blood fat levels and depresses lipid peroxide and fat sediment in the blood vessels.
• While it is great for rectifying high cholesterol and obesity problems, it can also improve and strengthen the digestive system, allowing an underweight person to increase absorption of nutrients and gain weight in the form of lean muscle mass. This regulatory effect on bodily functions is the hallmark of an adaptogen.
• Jiaogulan has also demonstrated anti-inflammatory activities through its many saponins. Jiaogulan also helps the body to resist depression of the immune system and other stress-related symptoms.
packsVITALITY, Jiaogulan 60 Vege Caps